Old 20-11-2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Replacing pine trees with maples

Since this is close to the house, you may want to invest in three
different types of Japanese Maples all having different colors.

On 18 Nov 2006 08:22:36 -0800, "Greg" wrote:

I am having several western cedar pine trees removed in my yard as
they've grown massively out of control and are too close to the house.
I would like to plant a maple variety in the same general area. Is
there any special preparation I need to do, in consideration of the
soil content? The pH is likely relatively low. Also, what time of year
should I consider planting new trees? I am in the pacific northwest, so
the temperature doesn't get cold, it just rains.

Thanks in advance.

-Greg