Old 23-03-2003, 12:32 PM
SugarChile

Default Holes bored in a Bradford pear tree

At a guess, it's the work of a yellow bellied sapsucker. It looks like it
has healed over just fine, and is not cause for alarm.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Lou Minatti" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know what critter bored these holes? They're not deep, perhaps
as deep as a pencil eraser.

http://www.watchingyou.com/treeholes.jpg

This is a Bradford pear. I'm in Houston. I took the picture back in
January, and I looked today and the tree is no worse for the wear. In
fact, it's just about fully leafed-out, putting on lots of new growth.
But the holes are still there. I didn't notice the boring on any of my
other trees, just this one. Thanks.