Old 23-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Removing Tool Rust?

Coca Cola isn't macho enough. Try using beer instead!!!

You better not use any of that wimpy light beer.

Penny Morgan wrote in message
om...
We used to pour Coca Cola on rusty wheel rims and watch it eat away the
rust. This was when I was very young, but you could give it a try
to see if it works.

Penny
Zone 7b-North Carolina
"John T. Jarrett" wrote in message
:/

I just found a tub of tools I thought I had put in the garage before

winter
came.

Any good soaks for getting the rust outta them creases and seams where
grinders and sandpaper don't reach?

I used a half vinegar - half water tub to clean up a cast iron pot that

had
spent ten years in a garage, but that still took hours of wire brushing

and
these tools are just too small for that.

Thanks!
--

John T. Jarrett

http://logontexas.com