Old 21-11-2006, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Anyone know their Acacias?

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:55:41 -0000, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 18/11/06 21:25, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions, but I think I've found it. It's almost
certainly Albizia lophantha aka Paraserianthese lophantha aka Cape
Wattle. Google images brings up lots of pictures that confirm it.

Ah. Not a mimosa, then. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

To be fair it used to be!! untill they renamed it (twice) to tender for me
here outside but Chris ought to be ok

Someone called 'Maurice in Scotland', posting on gardenweb, says there
is an Albizia Lophantha growing at Arduaine that has survived -6C.
At the risk of directing urglers towards the 'enemy', it's he
http://www.uk.gardenweb.com/forums/l...4316081.html?3
and scroll down a bit through the a. julibrissin stuff.

As we haven't had lower than -3C here in the last few years, I shall
certainly give it a try.

--
Chris