Old 21-11-2006, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin W Martin W is offline

Default Greenhouse advice needed

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Martin W" wrote in message
Hi
Im planning my first greenhouse, got space for an 8 x 6 with one end
against
the house wall. Problem is there are so many to choose from, does anyone
have any advice for a beginner? Roof vents, louvres, etc are they worth
having?
Martin

Vents and louvres are a good idea as it will get too hot otherwise. The
automatic ones are best.
I presume you are getting a lean too type?
Will the house wall retain heat? (mine does!)
Jenny
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/indexgarden.htm

Cant fit a lean to as I have to avoid a boiler vent. Have been looking at a
few models and the Elite Craftsman dosent look bad. Am thinking of having 1
louvre and 1 roof vent possibly 1 at each end of the house. The wall is
south facing so should be quite warm. A friend at work said the best way of
heating would be to run a radiator through the outside wall but I think I'll
manage with something electric. Currently thinking of tomatoes, peppers for
a crop (Im up North in Lancashire so they dont do too well outside) and for
sowing seeds earlier.
Thanks for your replies

Martin