Old 23-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Beecrofter

Default Willow Trees and Wells

(Star Trek Card Geek) wrote in message . com...
I am ADDICTED to the idea of a Willow Tree in my yard. Is there a safe
distance from the well a WT can go and not invade it? We have 7 acrea
of land to play with, but obvioulsy not all 7 would allow me to
actually ENJOY it

Willow trees are not for the anal
If you have the Biff and Muffin putting green lawn choose another
species.
That said I would be more concerned about sewer lines than the well
because roots can invade and clog most varieties of sewer piping and
the force a root can produce is simply astounding.
2x a mature tree's height is a generally safe distance for it's roots
to stay inside but for a sewer line I would err towards 3x.
If there is another sourcer of water on the property then all the
better, willow never looks better than overhanging a pond and being
reflected.