Old 22-11-2006, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scooter the Mighty Scooter the Mighty is offline

Default Boxwood indoors

Michael wrote:
I have a small, about 4 feet high Boxwood plant and was wondering, how easy
is it to grow cuttings from this
plant?

Pretty hard. I think it's possible, but you'd probably be better off
air-layering. Personally, I'd just buy one at Lowes or something, you
can get a small one for $4-5.

I thought maybe trying to start some indoor plants?

As far as I know, there is one kind of Boxwood that you can grow
inside: Buxus Harlandi. Most types need to go through dormancy in
the winter in order to live, and need cold temperatures for dormancy.