Old 23-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Jane

Default Hansa Gets to Stay for Now!

Woowoo Shiva! Your garden sounds gorgeous. I'm glad you're waiting another
season on Hansa. My neighbour has it and it looks very beautiful, but it is
kind of petite. I didn't realize voles would eat roses!!!! Eeek! Maybe
that's why 4 of the younger ones out front are looking so bad.
Do you have a picture of Royal Amethyst? Sounds like one I may need.
Thanks,

Jane
"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.0feeaec925fba4558394a28afdd7e382 @1048380324.cotse.net...
I figure it isn't fair to give it just a year. Also, I think its weird and
cool wrinkly yellow-green leaves will make a nice backdrop for Distant
Drums.

Here is the way the bed is now:

Mutabilis

Heart O' Gold Arizona Hansa Distant Drums

Simply Marvelous Judy Garland Royal Amethyst

Wow are these bare roots beautiful!!! Can't say enough about S&W
Greenhouse. It's a good thing I got them cheap because a bag of Permatil
is $7 and I lined each hole with it. Ever since I began doing this the
voles have not killed a single rose, but they still live in the yard.