Old 24-11-2006, 12:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Grey water on Natives - yes

"Big Bear" wrote in message
0tterbot wrote:

we are using "aware" atm, they address this by not using any phosphates
or petrochemicals. you'd probably find i think, most brands have been
reducing their phosphates for years but "aware" claims not to contain any
"chemical phosphates" at all.

Any chance of a chemical list?
AFAIK some brands reduce phosphates, but pump up salts.

? do you mean they increase the quantity of salts?

it says on the side (not a food-packet style list, more of a blurb): plant
oil surfectants (palm or coconut oil and sugar); citrate salt from corn;
zeolite mineral; cellulose colloids; washing soda, botanical fragrance.

i must say, i didn't notice any problems with our trees even when we were
using ordinary washing powder (but we haven't been here long). i just got
this one recently, so i'm only watching out for problems that didn't
previously exist, really :-) i can tell you for a fact that bottlebrushes
grow up big & strong on washing powder! ;-)
kylie