Old 23-03-2003, 03:08 PM
John Rutz

Default Pumps Working. was ah spring?

Tom La Bron wrote:
Jan,

I have one of the new large Little Giant 4,300 gph Pumps and I had called
the company last fall and they told me if I was going to keep it outside in
a cold area to keep it in bucket of water with the pump intake and one of
the discharge ports under the water with a little antifreeze in it to keep
the water from freezing. It still froze some because it got a lot colder
than it usually does in the winter here and I guess I didn't put enough
antifreeze in the water, but keeping in water keeps the seals moist and
sealed.

When I saw it was frozen, I found a place for the pump and bucket here in
the house and was using the bathtub to purge the antifreeze from the pump
with a large volume of water.

This is my first big pond pump. Usually I have smaller volume submersibles
and utility pumps pumping my pond water.

Tom Jan

I have been storing my pumps in the pond with no problems so far 1
little giant for 4yrs now a Beckett for 3 and the two mag drives this
winter all I had to do was plugem back in

John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com