Old 25-11-2006, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Winter Colour

"skybluecat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I just joined today.

I don't get to do much gardening due to health problems so I'm looking
for ideas that will give me a bit of winter colour every year. (I
already have some summer plants, e.g. roses, but more of that another
day!).

Is there anything hardy and preferably perennial, but not too expensive
, that I can maybe put in a patio tub near the back door that will
give a bit of colour for the next few months?

This would help to cheer me up on bad days.
Many thanks. Sylvia

I tend to go down to the local GC and see what they have in stock :~))

My 2005 offering :
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...006febrary.htm

This year I have
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...06November.htm

The plants go in the garden each year and are replaces with bulbs/summer
bedding

Heather looks nice.
Winter pansies are a cheap and cheerful solution.

More ideas:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basic...nterpots.shtml
http://gardenseeker.com/evergreens_f..._container.htm

You could plant with something evergreen and add naf plastic Xmas
decorations next month :~))

Jenny