Old 25-11-2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.boats
Jim, Jim, is offline

Default Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize?

Doug Kanter wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"John Smith" wrote in message

This is the first time I have this kind of lawn. It turns brown in
winter. Do I still need to winterize it? If yes, when? Is it too
late now? Thanks.

Any idea where you live?

Yes. I live here....

http://i15.tinypic.com/34zk3r7.jpg
187 Willowen Dr

Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

You are running a smorgasboard for grubs. Next spring treat the lawn to
some insect killer, once again about June, and a third time in Aug.
Meantime, rent a thatcher, or buy a thatcher blade for your lawnmower,
rake up all the dead stuff and reseed.

For reason's I can't explain the strip between Syracuse and Buffalo is
Grub heaven. Gotta kill them off at least every Aug. Miss a year and
you get to start over on your lawn (I know from experience)

I would really like to know what sort of grass is planted along the
expressways -- it seems to resist grubs, and stay green all summer!