Old 25-11-2006, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Lee Lee is offline

Default Our New Orchid Photography Book: Your Thoughts About it

The excerpt communicates an artful approach. The images are vibrant and
succulent. Check their intent. The invitation to the contributing
photogs challenge them to use three elements:
-The charismatic essence of orchids
-The sensuality of sand, and
-The grace of the human form.
Art is more than beautiful. It communicates. I'm glad to see that the
creative result has created some thought and response and perhaps
controversy. Controversy is not undesirable. Sometimes it is free
publicity. In the meantime there is an exchange of ideas.
My tip to the authors, photographers and publishers is that you could
gain significant goodwill with orchid enthusiasts worldwide by pledging
a percentage of the net profits of this book to the preservation of
orchid habitats. One avenue for orchid conservation can be found by
checking out: www.orchidconservationcoalition.org or emailing them at:

This book is not "flash in the pan". Forum readers can see a diversity
of books at the TCB site which is
http://www.cafeandre.com/index.html
including many endeavors such as a restaurant guide, "dogs that surf"
and the online TasteTV.
~enjoy
Lee

tcbcafepublishing wrote:
We've just published a new photography book called LIKE SAND FROM
ORCHID'S LIPS
(http://www.cafeandre.com)