Old 25-11-2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G. Nancy G. is offline

Default Marketing

K Barrett wrote:

Anyway, I wondered if somehow vendors could adapt these ideas to their
orchids. Mini movies of the flowers from different directions instead of a
static picture. MP3 voice overs of what the breeder intended from the
cross. ("We're expecting pinks into salmon art shades with this cross, given
the Goldenzelle background.") You Tube videos of, what.... potting
materials, what they look and feel like? (I dunno, I'm just brain storming
here...) or what its like walking around their GHs. Or what's in bloom this
month.

Just an idea.
K Barrett

T. listed a tiller for sale and included a link for about a 20 second
video of it running with audio. It's got a lot of watchers, etc.

I wish I'd done the same for one of my orchids when it bloomed last
year. Audio wouldn't help much unless I narrated. I think nice music,
with the orchid featured on a turntable. It had 24 open blooms, all
were 8" in diameter. It was a mass of lavender 360 degrees around the
plant instead of a usual facing presentation.

BTW, it was the Bc Springtide that you so kindly researched for me
about 2 years ago. When the ice age comes, archeologists or coroners
will find a division of that poor frozen orchid beside my poor frozen
body. ;-)))

Nancy