Old 27-11-2006, 02:06 AM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Moderated is a control measure for control freaks

Galen Hekhuis wrote:

Lighten up a bit, would you? No one claims that this is the end-all,
be-all perfect solution. I read (and sometimes participate in) a
moderated
newsgroup, and it doesn't take days. True, there is some lag, but in
general the turn around is pretty good.

I don't know what the mechanism for moderation is on newsgroups, but on the
moderated lists I use, one can usually set individual posters to be
unmoderated. In which case, if people behave, they aren't moderated. If
they stop behaving, the moderation flag gets set and nothing gets through
until they improve.
--
derek