Old 27-11-2006, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Inner city birds

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

JennyC wrote:
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,
tits of several denominations (blue, great, long tailed)
finches don't seem to be very prevelant
but robin, wren, blackbird, thrush, dunnock, magpie, jay, pigeon, seagull
are :~)

Woodpeckers?! Amazing! We have lots of birds but I don't feed them
because there's too many cats around and I can't stand finding from
fledging to huge woodpigeon, or what's left of them, on our steps once
in a while (

Our own cat is too old and we get hardly any others in the enclosed garden
:~))

Once, having a drink outside in the front garden with a friend, we
heard a bell above us. As we couldn't see anything, we first thought
about a cat collar with a bell, in the tree ... possible. Then a little
later, we heard it again, really loud this time and this huge bird of
pray flew above our head with a bell on his leg. It wasn't a lil'
kestrel. It was enormous. Later on we heard many people having seen it.
Don't know what happened to it ... nor what it was.