Old 26-11-2006, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Inner city birds

Hi

It's amazing the amount of birds we get in our inner city garden :~))

I am trying to build up a photo record. Just wish they'd sit still a bit
longer !

http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...onth/Birds.htm

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

Old 26-11-2006, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:24:06 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

Hi

It's amazing the amount of birds we get in our inner city garden :~))

I am trying to build up a photo record. Just wish they'd sit still a bit
longer !

http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...onth/Birds.htm

No tits or finches?
Martin

Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,
tits of several denominations (blue, great, long tailed)
finches don't seem to be very prevelant
but robin, wren, blackbird, thrush, dunnock, magpie, jay, pigeon, seagull
are :~)
Jenny

Old 26-11-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JennyC wrote:
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,
tits of several denominations (blue, great, long tailed)
finches don't seem to be very prevelant
but robin, wren, blackbird, thrush, dunnock, magpie, jay, pigeon, seagull
are :~)

Woodpeckers?! Amazing! We have lots of birds but I don't feed them
because there's too many cats around and I can't stand finding from
fledging to huge woodpigeon, or what's left of them, on our steps once
in a while (

Once, having a drink outside in the front garden with a friend, we
heard a bell above us. As we couldn't see anything, we first thought
about a cat collar with a bell, in the tree ... possible. Then a little
later, we heard it again, really loud this time and this huge bird of
pray flew above our head with a bell on his leg. It wasn't a lil'
kestrel. It was enormous. Later on we heard many people having seen it.
Don't know what happened to it ... nor what it was.

Old 26-11-2006, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JennyC wrote:
Hi

It's amazing the amount of birds we get in our inner city garden :~))

I am trying to build up a photo record. Just wish they'd sit still a
bit longer !

But why those white slingbacks, miniskirts and fake tans in the winter!
I'll never know....;o)

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out. (Richard Dawkins)

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old 27-11-2006, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

JennyC wrote:
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,
tits of several denominations (blue, great, long tailed)
finches don't seem to be very prevelant
but robin, wren, blackbird, thrush, dunnock, magpie, jay, pigeon, seagull
are :~)

Woodpeckers?! Amazing! We have lots of birds but I don't feed them
because there's too many cats around and I can't stand finding from
fledging to huge woodpigeon, or what's left of them, on our steps once
in a while (

Our own cat is too old and we get hardly any others in the enclosed garden
:~))

Old 27-11-2006, 06:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I've added a few more varieties................

Old 27-11-2006, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
A falcon seen through the bottom of a G&T glass or Tweetie Pie on steroids?
http://www.discoverituk.plus.com/isl..._falcon_lg.jpg

HOOooo handsome. The guy. Is that you?! ;o)

Old 27-11-2006, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"skybluecat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Jenny,

I'm curious - whereabouts do you live?
Sylvia

Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Jenny

Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Registered User

well i love to hear from you that you have a collection of pics of these birds, becoz i also love to see these different kind of birds and collect their pics.