Old 17-02-2003, 08:29 PM
John Rutz

Default bamboo and pond liners

itself out just like someone unstopped a drain plug. I never thought

this

would happen. Now I'm in the pond-patching business. Live and learn.

My experience is that a root of any type of plant won't pierce a pondliner
unless it senses water - in other words unless it already is pierced in some
way. Maybe people could clarify if Bamboo is different. I'd like to plant
some dwarf species around my pond.

Bamboo grows in straight lines more or less, and will grow thru anything
in front of it, that it can penetrate--- it has extremly sharp and
strong points at its growing end either the root or the above ground
portion,,, remember that it used to be used as a torture device as it
will grow right thru a person and it grows fast up to 6 inches a day

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at: