Old 28-11-2006, 11:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default fertilizer for October Glory Maple tree

JerseyMike said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

[...]

well i usually let nature take it's course but it gets water when i water
the lawn daily. the tree is located in the center of the lawn so it gets
overlap when the lawn is watered. in times of hot weather and little rain i
fill a 5 gallon bucket that has an 1/8 hole at the base so water can trickle
out slowly and do this as i think is necessary.

Not over-watering. =)

[...]

the tree has about 16"- 20" to all sides (circular) of the trunk of mulch
and is not packed tight to the trunk. the lower branches extend about a
foot past the decorative stone perimeter.

Time to mulch out a bit farther.

[...]

when i planted it i took off only a few branches, i didn't want to shock it.
last spring, i pruned it a bit more, but i didn't want to do too much at
once and i was planning to do some more this spring.

It'll branch out. Sounds like you're doing everything correctly. Just give
it time.

[...]

--

Eggs

- If I went 'round, saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened
bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!