Old 01-12-2006, 07:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default A rose with perfect timing

So after having attempted to propagate a few roses for the past 2 years with
minimal success. One of the cuttings has sat in a ziplock bag for just under
2 years now. The entire time all it's done is maintain a green stem and
green buds, in a state of not-yet-dead, so it's sat on my dresser the entire
time.

It's nearly winter, half the day my bedroom is cold. So the darn thing
decides it wants to break dormancy and produce a shoot from one of the buds.
Let's see if I can keep the little guy alive in the ziplock bag until
spring.

I don't even know what kind of rose it is either, I just labeled the bag
"lavender."

-S