Old 17-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Gary Woods

Default Red Brussels Sprouts and others

(Jerome R. Long) wrote:

There is a short season novelty sprout novelty called Red Rubine the issupposed
to make red sprouts.

Rubine is nothing new; I've tried it off and on for several years. It's
much less vigorous than the green varieties; so much so that with my
indifferent nurturing, it never does much, where Long Island Improved (old
OP type) always does just fine. This year, I'm also going to try
"Marketmore Fillbasket," from the Seed Saver's Exchange. I planted it last
year, but that wasn't a good season to try anything for personal reasons.
This year just _has_ to be better!

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods