Old 02-12-2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default A rose with perfect timing

ho ho ho!

Just to bad the smart kid down the street can't decode DNA strings and
provide a good match or (dream) a custom splice for a red/white/blue rose
Oh well - one has to live with a rose like that - it might be the best of
the lot!

Martin [ tech enough to help the young mind along the path but not up to it myself ]

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Snooze wrote:
So after having attempted to propagate a few roses for the past 2 years with
minimal success. One of the cuttings has sat in a ziplock bag for just under
2 years now. The entire time all it's done is maintain a green stem and
green buds, in a state of not-yet-dead, so it's sat on my dresser the entire
time.

It's nearly winter, half the day my bedroom is cold. So the darn thing
decides it wants to break dormancy and produce a shoot from one of the buds.
Let's see if I can keep the little guy alive in the ziplock bag until
spring.

I don't even know what kind of rose it is either, I just labeled the bag
"lavender."

-S