Old 02-12-2006, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default potinaras, etc

I seem to have a little problem with potinaras, some slc's and Blc Oconee
and where Oconee is a direct parent. I get burning on the leaves
particularly any new growth in anything less than 20% shade. I leave up 20%
shade over a 20X20' section of the greenhouse during winter. That section
increases to 60% in mid-summer, some gets 40% and the rest is 20% at that
time. Most of my catts get full light in the morning and 20% shade from noon
on at this time of year. Most species are in full sun. As I increase shade
the above mentionned hybrids seem to have less problem with leaf burn. I
live below 33o latitude in the southern US where the sun is strong even at
this time of the year. I guess my main question is: Are these hybrids that
sun sensitive everywhere? Should I look for just that right spot or forget
growing them here? Thanks for your input.
Gary