Old 02-12-2006, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Buying compost in bulk

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I normally buy 50 odd bags of compost to stick/mulch on the raised
beds. I sometimes get it from a builders merchant who will let me
have a discount for bulk delivery. I pay 3.00 a bag from him.

Just wondered if there was any where else I ought to investigate
before putting in my order. Can you buy in bulk from the
manufacturers or do they require an order of hundreds?

Janet

We use Humax http://www.humax.co.uk/index.html and have our compost
delivered in bulk bags (two to a head height pallet) There's a bit more
about them here
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/prod/di...dia/humax.html
as their own website isn't up to much.
We have a general nursery mix and a tree mix. Nice stuff... It may be
worth giveng them a call.

No, i don't work for them. Just use up to 600 litres of the stuff a day....

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out. (Richard Dawkins)

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA