Old 02-12-2006, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Overwintering

On 2/12/06 12:26, in article
, "Steve J"
wrote:

I am storing a tree fern and arum lillies, amongst other plants, in a
frostfree, light, cool place over the winter.

Neither have shown any sign of shedding leaves yet; should I just leave
them in place, and will they survive the winter?

Just wondered.

If they're frost free, leave them alone to do their own thing. They'll know
what to do and when. ;-) Our tree ferns in the garden are only just
showing signs of turning colour on one or two fronds and a green arum lily
in a pot is still putting out a flower and is in full and perfect leaf.
It's just been moved into a frost free greenhouse because I was fretting
over it - unnecessarily so, my husband tells me!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk