Old 02-12-2006, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default A rose with perfect timing

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message

Just to bad the smart kid down the street can't decode DNA strings and
provide a good match or (dream) a custom splice for a red/white/blue rose
Oh well - one has to live with a rose like that - it might be the best of
the lot!

If it's the rose I think it is, it's a clone of a home-depot bargain bin
rose in my yard. Nice rose, just a really bad graft. I don't think I'd want
a red/white/blue rose, I like my roses just the way they are, not some
designer disposable rose that can be planted when it's fashionable to wave
the flag or tie a ribbon to a lamp post, and neglected when the cause loses
popularity.

-S