Old 03-12-2006, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default Wild weather

Sacha wrote:
We've been harassed by stormy winds all night long and it's still going this
morning. No obvious damage that I can see from my window, though it might
be another story when we go outside. I hope everyone else has come through
unscathed. There were warnings of localised flooding round here and we also
had "don't drive unless you really have to" warnings out.

I got very little sleep last night. Louis, our baby grandson came for
the weekend and he was frightened and wanted Mummy so he slept with me
- between the howling wind, the rain battering against the windows, the
bin taking off, the vermin in the loft and the baby clinging to my neck
like a limpet and giving me big wet kisses, it was quite a night.

This morning Edward has left to take him back to London and I am
worried about the roads, there is a lot of local flooding and some of
the roads through Norfolk are not dual carriageways particularly the
route past Thetford Forest, fallen trees have often closed the roads
there and this is our main route to London.

It has gone terribly still here at the moment - even the pheasants are
keeping quiet, the sun comes out in strong bursts and then the sky
lowers again, what a spectrum of weather in 24 hours.