Old 03-12-2006, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Buying compost in bulk

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Robert
writes

Depends where you are. I have a huge trailer and collect a full load of
compost (still steaming) for about £12 and another load of composted zoo

poo
(Manure from Paignton Zoo) for £15 from a private firm that occupies part

of
Chelson Meadow, the Plymouth rubbish tip. Marvellous stuff

Hmmm not sure travelling from Amersham to Paignton or actually the
other way, with a lorry load of steaming zoo poo might not be described
as an environmental hazard
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

We are presently working our way through someone's huge and old pile of
stable clearings, lovely stuff but no good for mulching, far too many weeds!
we cover at all with uncomposted shreddings to try and prevent nettles etc.
Something sterilised in bags would be great :~)

The council stuff at Chelson Meadow is quite safe the temperatures are too
high for anything plantwise to survive, its just too far to go and fetch but
friends in Plymouth use it for their nursery.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk