Old 23-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Veg rotation

"mandy thomas" wrote in
message ...
How 'well separated' need they be? I've created three veg beds for

rotation
purposes, about 3 or 4 feet apart. Will this not work? I thought it was
about nutrients in the soil getting exhausted as much as (or more than) an
insect problem.

Thanks!

The nutrient issue is still valid as some vegetables ( legumes - peas, beans
I think) fix nitrogen and others take it out. Some also like extra lime or
manure and others don't so if you plant in the right order then they
effectively prepare the ground for the next crop. I think if the pests are
beyond my control I'll just try growing everything together all mixed up.

Martin