Old 05-12-2006, 10:42 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Gardening, food comedy night on BBC2 5-12-2006

"Sla#s" wrote after Bob Hobden wrote:
SNIP
But Heston, whilst having 2 or 3 Michelin stars at the Fat Duck** at
Bray, has an experimental kitchen where he takes traditional items
(like Black Forest Gateau) apart and remakes them his way (read - the
most complicated way possible). Interesting but irrelevant unless you
can afford his prices.

I'm not a particularly good cook but I've tried two of his recipes and
they worked!
The Tomato soup was superb and chips made his way are, OK a lot of trouble
but taste wonderful!
The whole point was to show you how to make spectacular food with what you
have at home.
That is if you have a heavy duty blowtorch, a spraygun and vacuum bags.
I'm going to make his steak for Christmas. - takes 24hrs to cook!

I have a vision of all the cooks visiting Machine Mart instead of Scott and
Sergeant. :-)

--
Regards
Bob H