Old 06-12-2006, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dunks Dunks is offline

Default Aaahhh! Daffs starting to sprout!!

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dunks wrote:

snip
HELP!!

Don't worry. Why you put them under cover to start with I'll never know
and don't want to know, but my tulips are sprouting to, so is the
muscari and everybody else's daffs.... Just don't worry. Leave them
outside and let them run their course. It's getting cold now and
they'll stop growing at some point. I've got tete a tete daffs showing
too and I'm not worried. There's very little you can do.

Next year, if you put bulbs in pots, leave the pots outside and
uncovered and if it's mild as this year, plant your bulbs end of oct
beginning of nov. I've put garlic in last week ... !! Wild times indeed
;o)

Cheers! That's encouraging. I didn't think I was the only person in the
world to experience the global warming phenomenon, but I did double-take and
think Oo-er! (like you do.)
Thanks for the reassurance.

Dunks