Old 06-12-2006, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Terry Insull Terry Insull is offline

Default Leftovers from Ivy

Thanks for all your replies, looks like I'll have to live with the remnants.

Terry

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Terry Insull" wrote in message
Hi
Just moved to a new property that had a common type ivy growing up the
walls, I've managed to remove it but it's left the tiny gripping (feet)
bits
still stuck to the brickwork and paintwork. Anybody managed to remove
these
little leggy bits and if so how?
TIA
Terry

General advice it to tackle the left over suckers asap once you've removed
the ivy. They tend to harden up otherwise and are indeed really hard to
remove.

You can sand paintwork down to remove it. For the brickwork you can try a
hard stiff brush, a paint scraper, either in combination with soapy water.

There is a FAQ from URG about it he
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqivy.html

I was wondering whether a blow torch might work on brickwork? Anyone tried
that ??

Jenny