Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Andy is offline

Default Not much

"sam" wrote in message
Not much going on in the gardens these days
by the look of it.

I've a large Hebe flowering, it always does in December, and my Ceanothus
has a smattering of flowers although its a spring bloomer. Interestingly I
have some nasturtiums clinging on in various spots, normally the first frost
toasts them ( as it were ), I guess these are in very sheltered spots. One
rose is attempting to flower, as is an osteospermum.

The winter Jasmine is making a good fist of it though. Still, slim pickings
though all in all. The pesky blackbirds also stripped my Pyracantha bare of
berries in about three days :0(

Andy.