Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Default Not much

Not much going on in the gardens these days
by the look of it.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sam" wrote in message
Not much going on in the gardens these days
by the look of it.

Nothing good, at least in ours. The bird table blew over and fell into the
pond, cracking it, and the water level has dropped by about 3". While in the
front garden, the guttering has started leaking, which has created a small
pond below the kitchen window. Don't tell me they balance out. They don't.

Steve

Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sam" wrote in message
Not much going on in the gardens these days
by the look of it.

I've a large Hebe flowering, it always does in December, and my Ceanothus
has a smattering of flowers although its a spring bloomer. Interestingly I
have some nasturtiums clinging on in various spots, normally the first frost
toasts them ( as it were ), I guess these are in very sheltered spots. One
rose is attempting to flower, as is an osteospermum.

The winter Jasmine is making a good fist of it though. Still, slim pickings
though all in all. The pesky blackbirds also stripped my Pyracantha bare of
berries in about three days :0(

Andy.