Old 07-12-2006, 11:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman[_1_] Gill Passman[_1_] is offline

Default ATTN: Koi Lo aka carol gulley

Don't patronise me please....I am totally aware who Tristan is and
cannot give a damn as long as he posts on topic....but then afterall if
rec.ponds is moderated that is totally how it should be....and imo the
same goes for you as well - now how is that for balanced????

There is no question of who is who...been here long enough to work that
out....IMO the only way a moderated group will work is to forget the
past and concentrate on people who can contribute on-topic - and I mean
you as well as Roy....even if some do not share the sentiments or the
advice given (woops maybe I also mean Jan suggesting the more expensive
Koi food) - on Usenet and in fact the internet in general we all have
the choice to follow or not what we are told - it would be a merry fool
that didn't go looking for back up info on what they read on Usenet
unless of course they trusted the poster impicitly...

But this detracts....a correctly moderated group would prevent these
personality conflicts....information given or opinions offered as always
should be verified....discussions initiated, even if by taking a
position that will generate the discussion not to the taste of everyone,
is a plus....

If Jabbers wishes to keep a goldfish in a tank because living in an
inner city appartment (and I don't even have a clue whether he does or
not) stops him from having a pond and he has a question about it....well
then, Jabbers, please ask your questions....Jabbers moves to the country
and digs himself a pond he knows where to come to for great
advice....Jabbers only has an interest in disrupting on-topic discussion
on ponds and fish - then Jabbers knows where he can go to....I guess
that might be moderation on a fair level....content not history or
personality.....

Gill