Old 07-12-2006, 11:13 PM posted to aus.gardens
Liam Liam is offline

Default killing a moptop robinia

"Chris" wrote in message ...
I cut a moptop robinia off about 6 inches above the ground a couple of
months ago. and of course it's now shooting like crazy, horrible thorny
things. Any ideas how I can kill it? Will applying roundup to the shoots
do anything?

Chris.

They are very hard to kill, and their spiky suckers shoot up all over the
place (especially in lawns).

You should try a Blackberry & Tree Killer like the one he

http://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/DE...HTM#def-bberry

You can even get syringe type things to inject it right into the trunk (or
what's left of the trunk) of the culprit.

Hope that helps.

Liam.