Old 17-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Fringe Ryder

Default bamboo and pond liners

"Lee Brouillet" sez:
I don't have any bamboo, but I've always loved it. I understand that the
best way to keep bamboo in one spot is to plant it in a drum, with the
bottom cut out. It makes for a massive hole, but it can't send out runners
that way, and (more or less) behaves itself. Maybe there's someone on the
board that has first-hand experience with the stuff?

There are several types of bamboo, including spreading, clumping, and
neither. I have some massive bamboos in my yard, planted about five years
ago, that haven't spread at all. Zero. 'Cuz they're that kind. But
they'd overwhelm a pond, as they're probably 30+ feet tall.

Great for hiding the house next door.