Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
Zëbulon wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
news
That's just an outright lie. I have supported Carol's right to post _in
this group_ for years. I'm proud of that. I haven't a clue about, or
an
interest in, anything else she does on the net.

==================
Nor should anyone else have an interest where else I post.

Thank you

----------------------------
Isn't wherever Carol posts as Derek says a little irrelevant to the topic
in hand?.....someones posting history should not make any difference in a
moderated Usenet group - so I don't understand why she is trying to make
a point on it....

Because it was made quite a point to me by e-mail and more than once.
I believe you and I even discussed this very subject on the phone that
night.

nym shifting, which has happened
twice today - once to Zebulon and now to Zebulon using additional
characters I can't be bothered to find out how to do....is again
irrelevant but very annoying and confusing (and in fact might not be that
irrelevant if a poster is setting out to confuse)....Zebulon has been used
as a nym in the discussion with Koi-Lo - surely during such a serious
discussion such as this deciding to change your nym is confusing at the
very least or disruptive at the worst....

Sorry Gill but I have a reason for changing it. I'm not trying to deceive
anyone.

IIRC and I have read far more of the sad history than I should have done -
Derek is supporting the fundemental principle of anyone to post on Usenet
without any bias on personality or behaviour elsewhere - I won't say right
because anyone going out to deliberately curb the rights of others has no
rights at all in my mind to be included in the little communities that
occur in these groups (and before you leap on the email again Carol this
is a generic statement).

If you sent me an e-mail I did *not* recieve it.

The moderation team also needs to consider whether nym shifting or
morphing is acceptable in the moderated group along with
impersonation....all of which generally tend to hint to me that people are
up to no good (again generic).

I would have no reason on a moderated group to change my NYM. Impersonation?
Wasn't that the reason I refused to go along with you people to start with?
Remember? I told all of you all I could never pull off coming back with a
while new persona - to pretend to be a whole different person. To be in
hiding so to speak. At that point you all turned on me and that was that.
On a moderated group there is no reason to NYM change. If I chose to I
would let everyone know as I did this time. Sometimes there are good
reasons people change their NYMs. I'm sorry if all this crap has made you
so suspicious. I'm extremely suspicious of everyone myself now so I'm sorry
for us both.........

--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.