Old 10-12-2006, 06:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Orchis[_2_] Orchis[_2_] is offline

Default aphrodite or amabilis? Please help

J Fortuna schrieb:

"Weng" wrote in message
snip
Certainly, your plant does resemble a
specie, but so does a whole load of unsucessful hybrids and throwbacks.
Looking alike is not the same, I'm afraid. Sorry.

snip

Of course, just because something is a No ID hybrid Phal does _not_ have to
mean that it is unsuccessful and a throwback. If you like the looks of it,
and are pleased with your purchase, that's what should count for you. Some
of my favorite orchids are No ID hybrid Phals.

Joanna

Thanks Joanna,

you're right, I have two NoID Phals and I'm so happy with them
and I enjoy this one so much. I think, if I would
work on hybridizing new orchids it would be important how clean
genetically
parents are, but I just love Phals and enjoy species, also with ID,
that I
have without knowing how clean they are.
Actually this one was only one between maybe 35 or 40
Phal hybrids in supermarket and I think it got there accidentally,
and I think it's more species than hybrid.
How many of us know for sure how clean species are that we have?
I could, with kindly help of people over here and other forum,
identify some of my NoID Phals and now I know I have
one peloric Phal Brother Cortez Red and it's just beautiful.
I'm just a bit uncomfortable if they are without a name...

Bahram