Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Weng Weng is offline
Registered User

Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchis
Of course, just because something is a No ID hybrid Phal does _not_ have to
mean that it is unsuccessful and a throwback. If you like the looks of it,
and are pleased with your purchase, that's what should count for you. Some
of my favorite orchids are No ID hybrid Phals.

Joanna

Thanks Joanna,

you're right, I have two NoID Phals and I'm so happy with them
I'm just a bit uncomfortable if they are without a name...

Bahram

I have at least 30 NoIDs ;-) And no, they don't have to be rejects. In fact, quite the opposite. Most commercial plants are mericlones, and if you are about to produce and raise a million plants, you'd chose the very best, free-flowering parent money can buy! It is just a pity they don't then tell you what it is.

I just label mine as Phalaenopsis hybrid #?. You could also give it a clonal name, if you like. The label might then read Phalaenopsis hybrid #2 'Walmart'. This way, the plant never gets into the wider community under a false name.

Weng