Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Have any of you tried this product?

Interesting. I never did any research into DE. When we lived in Fort
Lauderdale, we used it for pool filtration.

Casper the Wonder Cat will not appreciate eating this, LOL! You know cats -
"What have *they* done to my *food*?!? I must retrain my slaves at the
earliest convenience!".

Diana

"jtill" wrote in message
s.com...
You might check this link;

http://www.hydromall.com/happy_grower16.html

This DE is the best part of the stuff you are asking about. Then if
your dog gets wormy you can sprinkle some on his food and fix him right
up! ;-))
Joe T

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Thanks for the response, Nick. I was wondering about the effects of the
addition of DE in this product.

Diana

wrote in message
oups.com...

Diana Kulaga wrote:
A friend sent me this link. Anyone heard of this stuff?

get rid of thrips: Garden and Floral Insect Control is a quick, safe,
and
effective way to get rid of thrips.

Diana

I haven't used that particular product, but the primary active
ingredient is pyrethrin. You can find any number of products
containing pyrethrin or sythetic pyrethroids at your local garden
center. It's a fairly effective insecticide--contact only, no systemic
action--but because of its very specific mode of action, insect
populations develop resistance quite readily. If you use pyrethrin
frequently, it would be best to alternate another insecticide.

Nick