Old 09-12-2006, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Have any of you tried this product?

A friend sent me this link. Anyone heard of this stuff?

get rid of thrips: Garden and Floral Insect Control is a quick, safe, and
effective way to get rid of thrips.

Diana

Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Sorry. I copied the link from an email. Here's a valid link:

http://www.diatect.com/p-garden-and-...FQboPgod_G_3CA

Diana

Old 10-12-2006, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Diana Kulaga wrote:
A friend sent me this link. Anyone heard of this stuff?

get rid of thrips: Garden and Floral Insect Control is a quick, safe, and
effective way to get rid of thrips.

Diana

I haven't used that particular product, but the primary active
ingredient is pyrethrin. You can find any number of products
containing pyrethrin or sythetic pyrethroids at your local garden
center. It's a fairly effective insecticide--contact only, no systemic
action--but because of its very specific mode of action, insect
populations develop resistance quite readily. If you use pyrethrin
frequently, it would be best to alternate another insecticide.

Nick

Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

You might check this link;

http://www.hydromall.com/happy_grower16.html

This DE is the best part of the stuff you are asking about. Then if
your dog gets wormy you can sprinkle some on his food and fix him right
up! ;-))
Joe T

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Thanks for the response, Nick. I was wondering about the effects of the
addition of DE in this product.

Diana

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Interesting. I never did any research into DE. When we lived in Fort
Lauderdale, we used it for pool filtration.

Casper the Wonder Cat will not appreciate eating this, LOL! You know cats -
"What have *they* done to my *food*?!? I must retrain my slaves at the
earliest convenience!".

Diana

s.com...

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Thanks for the response, Nick. I was wondering about the effects of the
addition of DE in this product.

Diana

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 11-12-2006, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:45:18 -0500 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
Interesting. I never did any research into DE. When we lived in Fort
Lauderdale, we used it for pool filtration.

Casper the Wonder Cat will not appreciate eating this, LOL! You know cats -
"What have *they* done to my *food*?!? I must retrain my slaves at the
earliest convenience!".

I seem to have the exception to this rule.
One of the step kids rescued a little white (with grey dollop on forehead)
kitten that seems to be part beagle. She munches on everything
(With Catts, Dends, Paphs, Phrags and Oncids being the items we
want out of her diet...).

(How can you tell if a beagle has been dead two weeks? It finally
stops eating).
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up
Old 13-12-2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

You have to negotiate with felines, but you need big guns to support your
position. Heavy duty squirt gun, filled with vinegar, allowed me to
negotiate a "treaty" ... They got one end of the shelf in question, I got
the rest of it. Kenni

g...