Old 11-12-2006, 10:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default persimmon / quince seedling trees

In article .com,
"lentildude" wrote:

I really wasnt interest in a Quince for myself but the more I research
- I now want one!
sounds like a droughtproof tree once established.
Didnt know about the NSW law for removing fruit to avoid fruitfly,
guess same goes for persimmon as persimmon fruit hang on during
winter. I may just buy a quince from the fruit shop and try planting
the seed - Im patient!

THe quinces I see in the shops in autumn are usually underripe, so I don't
know if the seeds would be viable. And it's usually preferable to get a named
cultivar just so you know what you're in for in terms of size, habit, fruiting
etc, not just so that you can get fruit in a couple of years instead of a
decade. They don't cost *that* much.

TBH I don't know if you're patient, but you aren't much of a gardener yet.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue