Old 12-12-2006, 05:51 PM posted to austin.gardening
oldhickory oldhickory is offline

Default lilacs

Yep, you have to give up Lilacs and pussywillows. Though, I did get fresh
cut pussywillows at CM around easter once, about 2001, and they rooted in
water (I kept them a few weeks) and when I potted them and kept them indoors
they lasted (sprourting new leaves) almost a year.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I would think 800 miles or more north of here. They are happier in MN and
WI than here, at least the standard everyday lilacs. Try Crepe Myrtle.

"Christopher" wrote in message
where do i get lilacs around here?
thanks,
-christopher