Old 12-12-2006, 02:22 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default lilacs

where do i get lilacs around here?
thanks,
-christopher

Old 12-12-2006, 03:21 AM posted to austin.gardening

I would think 800 miles or more north of here. They are happier in MN and
WI than here, at least the standard everyday lilacs. Try Crepe Myrtle.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:51 PM posted to austin.gardening

Yep, you have to give up Lilacs and pussywillows. Though, I did get fresh
cut pussywillows at CM around easter once, about 2001, and they rooted in
water (I kept them a few weeks) and when I potted them and kept them indoors
they lasted (sprourting new leaves) almost a year.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

. net...

Old 12-12-2006, 06:24 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"oldhickory" wrote:

Yep, you have to give up Lilacs and pussywillows. Though, I did get fresh
cut pussywillows at CM around easter once, about 2001, and they rooted in
water (I kept them a few weeks) and when I potted them and kept them indoors
they lasted (sprourting new leaves) almost a year.

Japanese ligustrum works...

I have lots of them.

Free.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 13-12-2006, 01:36 AM posted to austin.gardening

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Yep, you have to give up Lilacs and pussywillows. Though, I did get
fresh
cut pussywillows at CM around easter once, about 2001, and they rooted in
water (I kept them a few weeks) and when I potted them and kept them
indoors
they lasted (sprourting new leaves) almost a year.

Japanese ligustrum works...

I have lots of them.

Those are nothing like lilacs!

Old 13-12-2006, 03:00 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article
,
"Justin Wilson" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Yep, you have to give up Lilacs and pussywillows. Though, I did get
fresh
cut pussywillows at CM around easter once, about 2001, and they rooted in
water (I kept them a few weeks) and when I potted them and kept them
indoors
they lasted (sprourting new leaves) almost a year.

Japanese ligustrum works...

I have lots of them.

Those are nothing like lilacs!

Iirc, they are related and the blooms in the spring are similar in scent
and make my entire back yard smell wonderful. :-)

I just posted it as an alternative if he cannot get lilacs to grow here.
They can be pruned down to make a hedge rather than being allowed to
grow into trees.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 16-12-2006, 11:39 AM posted to austin.gardening

I would love to have some too. When I asked that question, people pointed
me to these
http://www.sunset.com/sunset/Premium...s297/Lilacs297.
html
although I have never gotten them.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
--
He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn,
or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other.

where do i get lilacs around here?
thanks,
-christopher

lilacs & flowering bushy things Arwen Long North Carolina 5 14-10-2003 08:39 PM
Do lilacs grow here? Elizabeth North Carolina 6 29-05-2003 05:23 AM
lilacs & flowering bushy things Arwen Long North Carolina 4 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Lilacs Evan Wood Gardening 12 11-04-2003 05:20 PM
Lilacs-Atlanta Nina Salkin Gardening 9 07-02-2003 09:53 PM