Old 13-12-2006, 03:00 AM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default lilacs

In article
,
"Justin Wilson" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Yep, you have to give up Lilacs and pussywillows. Though, I did get
fresh
cut pussywillows at CM around easter once, about 2001, and they rooted in
water (I kept them a few weeks) and when I potted them and kept them
indoors
they lasted (sprourting new leaves) almost a year.

Japanese ligustrum works...

I have lots of them.

Those are nothing like lilacs!

Iirc, they are related and the blooms in the spring are similar in scent
and make my entire back yard smell wonderful. :-)

I just posted it as an alternative if he cannot get lilacs to grow here.
They can be pruned down to make a hedge rather than being allowed to
grow into trees.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.