Old 14-12-2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman[_1_] Gill Passman[_1_] is offline

Default Thanks for inviting me to join your group

Cathy wrote:
I mostly grow bearded irises and daylilies, but enjoy anything garden
related. If you have websites or web photo albums for your garden, I'd
love for you to invite me to browse. Thanks, Cathy

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

I planted a mix of white, blue and yellow irires in my bog garden around
4 years ago....I have found that only the yellow have really
flourished...from talking to people I understand that the yellows will
have a tendency to take over.....as for my daylilies I've found they do
better in drier soil but ymmv....when I really had a good bog garden
going in conjunction with a pond a few years ago I loved the number of
varities of plants that would thrive there that enjoyed the boggy
conditions....marsh marigolds were one that did the best and a joy to
behold...and those delicate little bell flowers which I can't remember
the name of right now - grown from bulbs....

Gill