Old 24-03-2003, 01:20 AM
no access

Default Ailing Rosemary Officianis

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"RichardS" writes:

| I have a rosemary officianalis that is growing in a large clay pot on

the
| patio.
|
| Last year it was fine - quite happy in fact. It's around 12" across by
| perhaps 18" high.
|
| However, a few of the stems have died off this lately, and the

remaininng
| ones are not looking too happy - the leaves become mottled with yellow
| patches, which turn brown and eventually die off.
|
| Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Repot? Feed? Just lacking water?
|
| I'm not entirely sure how to start reviving it....

Quite possibly waterlogging during the winter. If so, I am afraid
that you can't do much for it, but make sure that the compost or
soil is very free draining next time.

Hmmm, possibly not what I was hoping to find out, but thanks!

What I may do in that case is to cut out the dead, repot in very
free-draining compost and see what happens.

I didn't think that it would have been waterlogged - there was plenty of
crock in the bottom of the pot, but perhaps next time I may put crock then
some pea-shingle and then compost.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

cheers
Richard