Old 15-12-2006, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,sci.bio.botany,alt.permaculture
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default What is the best plant to grow in shade?

RafcioS said:

Hello,
I don't know this plant very well, Odontonema didn't growing in yards
in Poland, maybe cause for he's small popularity?

More likely because it cannot take long, cold, dark winters. (It is one of
many attractive plants I can't grow where I live.)

Sorry first: for my English but I'm still learning this language

I admire you for learning English. You do it well enough to communicate.

and second: for this
latin names but I don't know how to say in english this species. This
is good opportunity to train

It would be much better if we all used the Latin names. English common
names are not always the same from one area to another and can be
confusing.

Post Scriptum I don't understand what do you mean with this changing
.not to .net?

The person making that post has altered his e-mail address to protect
him from spamming. Those are instructions for correcting the address.
I have similar instructions in my signature.

On topic:
I have Corydalis lutea, Geranium macrorrhizum, Polygonatum odoratum
'varigatum', various Hosta, and Epidmedium growing well in my very
shadiest areas. Also Uvularia grandiflora and Hepatica acutiloba, two
native Michigan plants.

The Corydalis is the longest blooming plant in my garden
every year, with flowers from early May through October always. This
year I had one plant still flowering on the first day of December!

(attributed to Don Marti)