Old 16-12-2006, 12:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
Roberta Bagshaw Roberta Bagshaw is offline

Default No friut Tomatoes

Sometimes giving the plants a sprinkle of Potash around the base will make
the plants produce fruit. (I'm not talking about ashes from the fire.......
but the mineral Potash, which you can buy quite cheaply at any gardening
store.)

If your plants are healthy, and growing well, you could have perhaps been
using a fertiliser which is very high in Nitrogen and low in Potash.
Nitrogen promotes leafy growth, and Potash promotes setting of seeds and
fruit.

"Potaroo" wrote in message
I have tomato bushes about waist high, filled out and no flowers and
consqyently no fruit.
What am I doing wrong? Or are these smart enough not ot be eaten ;-)
Cheers, from the Haekesbury region.